Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is one of my favorite family movies. Enjoy these delicious golden ticket cookies to go with the movie!
Disclaimer: Some of the following links are affiliate links. I make a small commission from some of the links on this site. You can read my full disclosure here.
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory Cookies
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is such a great family film. (Here are 5 lessons we can learn from it) It’s witty, intelligent, and filled with some great life lessons. For a family movie night, make these delicious cookies. Print and pass out the FREE golden tickets to everyone attending the movie night!
For the cookies:
- ½ stick butter (about ¼ cup), softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ cups flour + extra for rolling
- 7-8 oz. yellow fondant
- 3-4 oz. white fondant
- Edible black marker
- Edible silver glitter
- Letter cookie cutters
- Wilton tip #12
Creates 8-10 cookies!
- In a medium-sized bowl, cream together butter, sugar, egg and vanilla.
2. In a small bowl, sift together baking powder and flour.
3. Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix until the cookie dough forms.
4. Wrap in plastic and chill for at least 30 minutes.
5. Once the time is up, take out of the fridge and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
6. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
7. Sprinkle a clean working surface with flour and roll out cookie dough until it’s ¼ of an inch thick.
8. Using a paring knife, cut rectangles out of the cookie dough – 5 in. x 2.5 in. in size
9. Place each rectangle cookie on lined baking sheet. Bake for 7 minutes or until golden.
10. Allow your scrumdiddlyumptious cookies to cool on a wire tray before decorating.
To decorate one cookie:
- Roll out yellow fondant so that it’s about ¼ of an inch thick.
2. Cut yellow fondant into a rectangle, about 4.5 in. x 2.5 in. in size
3. Using the end of the Wilton tip #12, cut out the corners of the yellow fondant rectangle. This will give it a more realistic look.
4. Gently press one rectangle onto each cookie.
5. Roll out white fondant so that it’s about ¼ of an inch thick.
6. Using the letter cookie cutters, cut out the word WONKA and place on the yellow portion of the cookie (to secure them even more, you can brush water on the back of each fondant letter)
8. Center the glittered circles, just underneath the word “WONKA.”
9. Using the edible black market, write out: GOLDEN TICKET.
Repeat for each cookie. Serve and enjoy!