Start off the new year with these 10 inspiring quotes about a new year, a fresh start, courage, and pursuing challenges.
10 Inspiring Quotes for the New Year and a Fresh Start
2022 is going to be a bit different from my current life. A few months ago, I decided to do something crazy. On January 1, my dog and I are packing into my little Prius in Mishawaka, Indiana and we’re headed to Cypress, California for a minimum of six months.
I’m excited, nervous, and don’t really know where I’ll be living a year from now. A million thoughts have swirled in my head – the fear of the unknown, the fear of the drive, the anticipation of it all – but I’ve realized that none of us ever know when life is up and I don’t want to take any of it for granted or spend my life wishing “what if?” I’m in my early 20s, single, and have the freedom to work from anywhere.
A fresh start might look a bit different for everyone. It could mean a big change, new habits, or living a little more intentionally each day. So here’s to the new year, new beginnings, and trying new things.
1. You are a collective of every experience you have had in your life. You are every single day. So drown yourself in a sea of knowledge and existence. Let the words run through your veins and let the colors fill your mind. -Jac Vanek
This quote is long, but I found this in Barnes and Noble and became obsessed with it. I’ve noticed that people truly are a collection of their experiences. Their behaviors, beliefs, and opinions are often shaped by what they know.
2. If you focus on what you left behind, you will never see what lies ahead. -Ratatouille
Leave it to Pixar to deliver some inspiring life quotes.
3. You will be the same person in five years as you are today except for the people you meet and the books you read. -Charlie Jones
This quote reminds me to constantly be experiencing new things and to never stop learning.
4. Go forth and have no fear. -X Ambassadors
A quote from the song Renegades, I love this song and its music video (watch it without being inspired!). Their music video features several people with disabilities overcoming challenges and is a great reminder that being a “renegade” means pushing forward.
5. I swear I lived. -OneRepublic
OneRepublic lead singer Ryan Tedder wrote this song for his kids. The inspiring music video follows a boy with cystic fibrosis. Like with their classic “Good Life,” “I Lived” is a constantly reminder to embrace life, both the good and the bad.
6. “People do not decide their futures, they decide their habits and their habits decide their futures.” -F.M. Alexander
7. You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending. -Unknown
Life isn’t perfect and the past may be messy. This quote is often attributed to C.S. Lewis, but there’s no proof he said it.
8. Some nights I wish I could go back in life not to change things just to feel a couple things twice. -Drake
9. Life is short. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. -Mark Twain
You never know when you’ll get those same opportunities!
10. Remember that failure is an event, not a person. -Zig Ziglar
Failures will inevitably happen. That’s okay.