If you’ve been following my blog for a long time you’ll know it’s no secret that I love history! While I typically provide resources for grades 5+, here are some historical unit studies for around grades 1-6. Most are free, and if they’re not, I have their price listed.
- Paul Revere Unit Study
- Benjamin Franklin Unit Study
- Casey Jones Unit Study
- Harriet Tubman Activities
- Julius Caesar Unit Study
- Cesar Chavez Unit Study
- Susan B Anthony Activities
- Amelia Earhart Unit Study ($4)
- Helen Keller Activities
- Jackie Robinson Unit Study
- Rosa Parks Unit Study
- Martin Luther King Jr Mini-Book
- Neil Armstrong Unit Study
- Ben Carson Unit Study
- George Washington Activities
- Abraham Lincoln Activities
- John F. Kennedy Unit Study
- Patriotic Activities for President’s Day
- President’s Day Mini-Booklets
INVENTORS AND SCIENTISTS
- Inventor Unit Study (52 pages)
- Nikola Tesla Activity (Middle school)
- Henry Ford Unit Study
- Alexander Graham Bell Unit Study ($2)
- Marie Curie Unit Study ($2)
- Albert Einstein Unit Study
- Antonin Dvorak – Mini study
- Ludwig Beethoven Unit Study
- Wolfgang A. Mozart – Booklet
- Johannes Brahms Unit Study
- Fredric Chopin Unit Study (my favorite composer!)
- Edward Elgar Unit Study
MORE HISTORY RESOURCES!
Greek Mythology Study – Worksheets, advice, books, plus a link-up for more Greek mythology resources!
American Revolutionary War Pack – Free 110 page American Revolutionary War pack, ideally for ages 2-8.
Why did the US enter the Vietnam War? – A lesson plan designed for young elementary and high schoolers to do together.
D is for D-Day – A large collection of resources for grades 1-6; including books, movies, projects and more.
Liberty’s Kids Activities – Activities to go with the 40-episode animated series Liberty’s Kids.
100 Historical Books for Kids – 100 historical books for kids, with detailed reviews
Butterflies to remember the Holocaust – A simple activity for a somber subject, based on the Butterflies to Remember project
Historical Movies for Kids – A list with G and PG historical movies for kids, with summaries.
30+ Ways to teach History without a Textbook – My favorite ways to learn without a textbook!
[…] Free Historical Unit Studies for Kids – Le Chaim (on the Right) […]
[…] MIDDLE SCHOOL (May be used with high school) PBS House Series: A Trip Back In Time (a review) 11 Books About Little-Known Events (with reviews) 11 American Civil War Novels (with reviews) The Men Who Built America Series (late 1800s to mid 1900s) 11 WWI and Great Depression Novels (with reviews) 11 WWII Fiction Novels (with reviews) Historical Unit Studies for Kids […]
[…] are 40+ FREE Historical unit studies for kids in grades 1-6. These are a great way to study […]
Thank you for this featured links..This will help a lot!
[…] Unit studies are a way to focus deeply into one event, instead of briefly scrolling through it in a textbook. Here are some of my favorite historical unit studies. […]