If you’ve been following my blog for a long time you’ll know it’s no secret that I love history! While I typically provide resources for grades 5+, here are some historical unit studies for around grades 1-6. Most are free, and if they’re not, I have their price listed.
- Paul Revere Unit Study
- Benjamin Franklin Unit Study
- Casey Jones Unit Study
- Harriet Tubman Activities
- Julius Caesar Unit Study
- Cesar Chavez Unit Study
- Susan B Anthony Activities
- Amelia Earhart Unit Study ($4)
- Helen Keller Activities
- Jackie Robinson Unit Study
- Rosa Parks Unit Study
- Martin Luther King Jr Mini-Book
- Neil Armstrong Unit Study
- Ben Carson Unit Study
- George Washington Activities
- Abraham Lincoln Activities
- John F. Kennedy Unit Study
- Patriotic Activities for President’s Day
- President’s Day Mini-Booklets
INVENTORS AND SCIENTISTS
- Inventor Unit Study (52 pages)
- Nikola Tesla Activity (Middle school)
- Henry Ford Unit Study
- Alexander Graham Bell Unit Study ($2)
- Marie Curie Unit Study ($2)
- Albert Einstein Unit Study
- Antonin Dvorak – Mini study
- Ludwig Beethoven Unit Study
- Wolfgang A. Mozart – Booklet
- Johannes Brahms Unit Study
- Fredric Chopin Unit Study (my favorite composer!)
- Edward Elgar Unit Study
MORE HISTORY RESOURCES!
Greek Mythology Study – Worksheets, advice, books, plus a link-up for more Greek mythology resources!
American Revolutionary War Pack – Free 110 page American Revolutionary War pack, ideally for ages 2-8.
Why did the US enter the Vietnam War? – A lesson plan designed for young elementary and high schoolers to do together.
D is for D-Day – A large collection of resources for grades 1-6; including books, movies, projects and more.
Liberty’s Kids Activities – Activities to go with the 40-episode animated series Liberty’s Kids.
100 Historical Books for Kids – 100 historical books for kids, with detailed reviews
Butterflies to remember the Holocaust – A simple activity for a somber subject, based on the Butterflies to Remember project
Historical Movies for Kids – A list with G and PG historical movies for kids, with summaries.
30+ Ways to teach History without a Textbook – My favorite ways to learn without a textbook!