For an outdoor BBQ, quick dinner or easy appetizer, try these crowd-pleasing fried chicken sliders with thick slices of asiago cheese and ranch!
Their miniature size and finger food style make them ideal for parties, open houses, and graduations, and offer a unique breaded chicken twist to typical sandwiches or sliders. Since we don’t like dry chicken, Ranch is great for keeping it moist and flavorful.
Fried Chicken Sliders with Asiago Cheese and Ranch Dressing
• 1 large Organic Chicken Breasts
• ½ cup Bread Crumbs
• ½ cup Half & Half (you can also substitute a mix of 1/4 cup of whole milk and 1/4 cup of light cream)
• 1 Egg
• 1 tsp. Dill
• 1/3 of 48 oz. bottle Crisco Canola Oil
• 1 thick slice of Tomato (cut into 4 equal pieces)
• 1 cup Lettuce
• 4 tbsp. Ranch Dressing
• 4 thick slices Asiago Cheese (about 2” on each side)
• 4 Mini Slider Buns
1. Boil 2 inches of water in a large pan. Add 1 large organic chicken breast. Cook on high until water is halfway evaporated. Turn heat on medium to low. Brown and remove. Let cool. (Poaching a large breast of chicken will take approximately 15 minutes.)
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
3. Preheat canola oil at medium heat on a stovetop pan.
4. Cut chicken breast into approximately 12 random sizes (3 pieces for each slider).
5. Combine egg, half & half, and dill in small mixing bowl. Whisk.
6. Dip each (fully cooked) chicken chunk into egg mixture and, on a separate plate, coat evenly with breadcrumbs.
7. Add breaded chicken chunks to hot oil. The chicken is already cook, so fry for no more than 20 seconds. Remove from oil with draining spoon and place onto paper towel covered plate. Dab oil dry.
8. Add Asiago cheese to each bun. Crisp buns and melt cheese in oven for 4-5 minutes. Remove.
9. Add 3 chicken chunks to each slider. Add ¼ of thick tomato slice, ¼ cup lettuce, 1 tbsp. ranch dressing, and an optional dash of dill to each slider.
10. Serve and enjoy!